31 December 2006

Finding a new coke dealer pt 2

I would like to apologise to the Coca Cola company for the things I said in my last Coke related post. I accused Coca Cola of : -

  • Hiring paramilitary death squads to murder and torture union members at bottling plants in Colombia.
  • Causing local water shortages in regions of India.
  • Selling lead and cadmium bearing toxic factory byproducts as fertilizer.
  • Selling tap water as mineral water.
  • Cutting donations to schools that fail to sell enough fizzy drinks to their pupils.
  • Creating that awful red and white Santa Claus image.
  • Using 3 litres of water to make every litre of coke.
I would like to say that I have learned that the story of Coca Cola creating the Red and White Santa Claus image is probably an urban myth. However if you want to find out more about the unethical behaviour of Coca Cola as well as other companies you may give your money to click here.

On the up side I have completely broken my Coke addiction now preferring water and fruit juice. I had a couple of cans of diet coke over Christmas and found not only that it tasted a lot worse than I remember but that I felt pretty ill after drinking it. I have no desire to try it agian.

No comments: